D&D Poultry is proud to offer such a wide range of poultry lines, such as fresh products, Omega 3, as well as our Glacial Treasures that include items like Individually Quick Frozen items, breaded products, a skewered line of souvlaki, chicken, pork, lamb and beef, as well as our fully cooked product line. We would like to take some time to talk about Omega 3
Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for optimal health
Getting them from whole foods — such as fatty fish two times per week — is the best way to ensure robust omega-3 intake. It is already well known that eating oily fish, such as salmon or mackerel, that are rich in the long-chain omega-3, but not people people know that poultry has it as well.
Recent research has showed that regular consumption of naturally enriched omega-3 chicken and eggs is likely to reduce risk of heart attack, stroke, dementia and depression.
These findings reinforce our understanding that chicken and eggs naturally enriched with omega-3 DHA and EPA may provide the same numerous health benefits as eating oily fish.
Omega-3 fatty acids are incredibly important
They have many powerful health benefits for your body and brain. In fact, few nutrients have been studied as thoroughly as omega-3 fatty acids.
Here are 17 health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids that are supported by science.
Lets take a look at some of the proven health benefits when consuming poultry with Omega 3s:
- Omega-3 supplements may help prevent and treat depression and anxiety.
- An omega-3 fatty acid called DHA is a major structural component of your eyes’ retinas. It may help prevent macular degeneration, which can cause vision impairment and blindness.
- Omega-3s may improve bone strength and joint health, potentially reducing your risk of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Getting enough omega-3s during pregnancy and early life is crucial for your child’s development. Supplementing is linked to higher intelligence and a lower risk of several diseases.
- Omega-3s can help keep your skin healthy, preventing premature aging and safeguarding against sun damage.
- Omega-3s improve numerous heart disease risk factors. However, omega-3 supplements do not seem to reduce it as much as fresh poultry or oily fish.
- Omega-3 supplements can reduce the symptoms of ADHD in children. They improve attention and reduce hyperactivity, impulsiveness and aggression.
- Omega-3s can have numerous benefits for people with metabolic syndrome. They can reduce insulin resistance, fight inflammation and improve several heart disease risk factors.
- Omega-3s can reduce chronic inflammation, which can contribute to heart disease, cancer and various other diseases.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can help fight several autoimmune diseases, including type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and psoriasis.
- Omega-3 intake may decrease the risk of some types of cancer, including colon, prostate and breast cancer.
- Omega-3 intake has been associated with a lower risk of asthma in both children and young adults.
D&D Poultry has been in the wholesale restaurant meat suppliers business for over 25 years. From chicken souvlaki and breaded tenders to chicken home delivery, D&D Poultry has been a proud supplier of these delicious products and serving Ontario’s food industry and surrounding areas.
We also serve the Greater Toronto area with a cash and carry outlet in order to provide a larger outreach to local customers, and it’s been a big hit with everyone. Our website even contains some delicious recipes that you can make with our products, including a chicken wings recipe and a mouthwatering homemade pesto recipe. Check out our website for even more recipes to try with our chicken.
Over the years, D&D Poultry has evolved from a small operation into one of the leading wholesale restaurant meat suppliers in Canada. Whether you need a small meat delivery for restaurant on a regular basis, or wholesale quantities for larger businesses; as we have the operations, staff, and know-how to get you the freshest products at a convenient price. We are proud to be in business along with the many other meat suppliers for restaurants, but D&D Poultry has been around for the longest and has some of the best people in the world working hard to give you some of the best chicken products that money can buy.
Looking for chicken delivery for restaurants and marketplaces? Give us a call and our friendly staff will be able to give you a great price for your order. We are a family business that has evolved so well because our products stand the test of time. Local customers and even fellow restaurant meat suppliers, always come back for more!
Be sure to check out our website for more information on our products, including some delicious recipes for your home. Looking to throw a large party or event? D&D Poultry can also help all types of catering companies with the wonderful chicken products for everyone to enjoy. Please give us a call today and learn more about what we have to offer you on wholesale supplies and delivery options.