It’s good in the fridge 2 days at 4°C, or frozen: 12 months from production date.
Within 2 days in the fridge at 4˚C , 18 months in the freezer.
Use chilled leftovers as soon as possible, within 2 to 4 days at 4˚C
Once cooked, it’s good in the fridge for 2 to 4 days at 4˚C
Always check the best before dates. Check the colour, smell and texture.
- Refrigerate or freeze all poultry leftovers within 2 hours cut and debone the meat from large cooked birds
- Divide leftovers separately into shallow containers so they cool quickly
- Refrigerate once steaming stops and leave the lid off or wrap it loosely until the food is cooled make sure cooked meat does not come into contact with raw meat
- Don’t fill your fridge with too much food, so that cool air can circulate effectively
- Use chilled leftovers as soon as possible, within 2 to 4 days if reheating,
- Make sure the food is cooked to an internal temperature of 74°C (165°F)
- Don’t reheat the same leftovers more than once
Freeze all poultry leftovers within 2 hours