D&D Poultry is one of the leading wholesale restaurant meat suppliers in Ontario, with over 25 years of operation to local businesses and families. From wholesale poultry products to fresh frozen foods, fully-cooked items, and chicken home delivery, we have something for everyone. D&D Poultry has been a proud supplier of these delicious products by serving Ontario’s food industry and surrounding areas for decades.
As one of the leading meat suppliers for restaurants, we have a wide variety of poultry products and other foods to choose from, as our customers are always returning to get some of the freshest foods at the lowest prices. We strive to support local farms and believe that Ontario has some of the highest quality foods that are directly from the farm, and right to your business or kitchen. Our website contains some great recipes that you can make with our products, such as a wonderful chicken wings recipe and even a homemade pesto recipe to go with your poultry dishes. Check out our website for even more recipes to try with our poultry products. Let’s take a look at some of our favorite cooking tips when preparing and cooking with our products!
Cooking tips and tricks from the D&D team
We’re always talking about the quality of our products and services, and as a restaurant meat supplier, we’d like to take the opportunity to talk about a few preparation tips and cooking tricks right from the D&D Poultry kitchen.
- Secret to a crispy chicken – One of the secrets to making a great crispy chicken is salt. The next time you buy some chicken, sprinkle it with about a tablespoon of coarse salt and place it uncovered in the refrigerator overnight. The salt and air within the refrigerator will draw out the moisture and you’ll end up with a perfectly crispy bird for dinner.
- How to properly marinade your poultry – One of the best ways to marinade poultry is to poke the chicken meat with a fork if you’re grilling it. This will help the marinade penetrate into the meat, making for a delicious dish. We recommend trying this marinade next time: olive oil, lemon zest, lemon pepper, cayenne, paprika, and a bit of honey.
- Another secret to crispy chicken – You can also make your fried chicken even crispier by adding about four teaspoons of cornstarch to each cup of flour. Or add one teaspoon baking soda to the batter.
- Tender poultry trick – For some really juicy and tender poultry, submerge the chicken completely in buttermilk and refrigerate for two to three hours before cooking. You won’t believe the difference!
- Let poultry rest – After you have finished cooking poultry, be sure to allow the meat to rest for about 20 minutes before carving. We have found that a standing time allows the proteins in the meat to reabsorb the juices, so you won’t have to worry about spillage of juices on the cutting board.
Our delivery options
Looking for chicken delivery for restaurants or straight to your door? Be sure to contact us and one of our friendly staff will be able to provide you with a great price for your delivery order. We are a family business that has evolved with the times, so our meat delivery for restaurants will be quality-driven and on time! Local customers and even fellow restaurant meat suppliers, always come back for more deliveries.